Oncotarget is a journal that publishes its work every week. The journal focuses its main area of publication in the field of Cancer, potential targets for therapy and forms of treatment that can be employed when it comes to cancer. The journal is headed by Mikhail Blagosklonny who is the Editor-in-Chief. They are motivated by the need to make the public knowledgeable on issues to do with scientific results. Luckily for their readers, this journal offers free access to its journal papers. Mikhail Blagosklonny hopes that the world will one day be able to live in a disease free society.
Publications by Oncotarget
Through the management of some of the most respected scientists in the world, Oncotarget has been able to publish journals in different fields and is accepting papers on Oncology, Metabolism, Neuroscience, Endocrinology and Cell Biology. The journal ensures that it follows the COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. Some of its journal publications include:
- Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy. This publication is led by Dr. David Dingli.
- Oncotargets and therapy. It concentrates on the pathological basis of all cancers and is led by Dr. Farassati, who also leads the publication on Oncolytic Virotherapy.
- Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy. Led by Professor Ou.
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma journal. Led by Dr. Ahmed Kaseb and its main area of publication is in epidemiology vaccination, hepatitis therapy, pathology and molecular tumor.
- Gastrointestinal Cancer: Targets and Therapy. Led by Eileen O’Reilly, MD.
- Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy. Publication is led by Professor Pranela Rameshwar.
All these publications are led by professional scientists who are under the leadership of Mikhail Blagosklonny.
About Mikhail Blagosklonny
Mikhail is a well known scientist in the field of cancer and aging. He studied in First Pavlov State Medical University of St. Peterburg, where he acquired his M.D in internal medicine and a PhD in experimental medicine and cardiology. Mikhail Blagosklonny has an extensive experience in his field of work, making him the best man for the position as the Editor in Chief of Oncotarget.